NovaSure Endometrial Ablation
Treatment for Heavy Periods in Cherry Hill
Contact Cherry Hill OB/GYN to learn more about treatment if you suffer from heavy periods and painful cramps. Endometrial ablation is an in-office procedure that can be performed at our Mount Laurel or Hammonton OBGYN offices. To learn more about treatment for heavy bleeding, go to:
- NovaSure Endometrial Ablation
- Is NovaSure Right for Me?
- NovaSure Frequently Asked Questions
- Patient Testimonials
Call our Mount Laurel obgyn office at (856) 778-4700, or call our Hammonton obgyn office at (609) 561-6660.
Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
What is Heavy Menstrual Bleeding?
1 in 5 women suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding. Many women begin to experience heavy and/or irregular bleeding in their 30s and 40s, as they begin to get closer to menopause. Heavy periods are more than just a hassle - they take a physical, social, and emotional toll as well.
Studies show heavy menstrual bleeding can affect women in a number of ways:
- Many feel tired and nauseated
- Many experience bad cramps
- Many have headaches
- More than 60% have had to miss social or athletic events1
- About 80% report avoiding sex1
- 33% have been forced to miss work2
- 77% have depression or moodiness1
- 75% feel anxious2
- 57% report a lack of confidence during their period1
Heavy periods are not something with which you have to live. Today, there are a number of effective treatment options available.
- National Women’s Health Resource Center. Survey of women who experience heavy menstrual bleeding. Data on file; 2005.
- Cooper J, et al. A randomized, multicenter trial of safety and efficacy of the NovaSure system in the treatment of menorrhagia. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2002; 9:418-428.